In addition to Preston Family Dentistry’s website, there are many other sites on the internet that provide helpful and interesting dental information. Because we are committed to improving the oral healthcare knowledge of our patients, we have provided the following selection of links to other sites you may find useful. We have grouped some of them into categories to provide quick access to the topics of greatest interest to you.
If you have suggestions for new links, please send us an email. We are always looking for helpful resources to share with our patients and visitors. We hope you find these sites useful!
General Dental Websites
The following links provide some good information on general dentistry:
- Academy of General Dentistry – The AGD’s consumer information section provides information on more than 50 oral dental health topics.
- American Dental Association – The ADA provides information for the general public, including dental care articles, dental insurance information, and information for students interested in dentistry.
- Mouthhealthy.org – This site contains a wide variety of dental health information, including articles on women’s dental health issues, child dental care information, halitosis (also known as bad breath), and new dental product information.
- Glossary of Dental Terms – The ADA’s comprehensive reference provides a glossary of dental terms as they relate to the public.
Oral Health Care and Products
The following websites providing helpful information on oral health and home care products patients can use to maintain optimum oral health:
- Colgate – A trusted resource for dental health information and oral care products. Scroll down the page to access a list of oral health conditions.
- Crest – One of the world’s most trusted brands of dental products.
- Oral-B – Oral-B developed this learning center for dental health education in order to promote oral care habits that are essential to the lifelong health of teeth and gums. It includes information and advice for children, adults, and dental health teachers.
- Sonicare – Learn how the Sonicare toothbrush creates and indescribable clean feeling and the benefits you can expect from using it.
- Bruxism – This site contains useful information on the latest information about bruxism, or teeth grinding.
Other Interesting Websites
- Healthy Smiles – A program with the goal of combatting America’s oral health epidemic by improving the oral health of American children and their families.
National Museum of Dentistry – This museum, a Smithsonian Institution Affiliate, is a national center where visitors learn the importance of a healthy smile and the rich history of dentistry.