Your oral health care is easier than you think. Taking care of your teeth does not need to be a round-the-clock chore but rather a daily exercise with minimal effort intended to strengthen and solidify your oral health care habits as a small part of your life. Even simple tasks such as brushing and flossing a few minutes per day can have resounding success in the battle against tooth decay and gum disease.
Here are some guidelines to consider for optimum oral health:
– Keep your meals well-balanced and nutritious for optimum health.
– Consider using a cleaning product after eating a meal, such as sugarless gum, to wash away harmful bacteria and food particles and to limit the effect of harmful acids on your teeth.
– Avoid chewing or smoking tobacco, and avoid recreational drugs or medications that can cause mouth dryness.
– Limit your intake of foods and snacks that can speed up plaque decay or damage your teeth.
– Avoid snacking all throughout the day and limit any between-meal snacks.
– Make sure to brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily.
– Visit your dentist regularly at Preston Family Dentistry in Dallas, Texas for your oral exams and professional cleanings.
The first step in maintaining your oral health begins with you, but we are here to help. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Mehrnaz Iranmehr, you are welcome to call us at 972-447-9707 to speak with a member of our fantastic team. Call us today and get back on track to a healthy and happy smile!